Sunday, January 2, 2011

A few of my favorite things.

 A long list of the most pleasurable things in life (in my humble opinion!)


~Rocking my son to sleep, feeling his warm drool dribble down my shoulder, staring at his rosy cheeks, loving him more than I could've ever fathomed loving another person. The moment he was born I knew that if I never did anything else important in my life, this would be enough.   Who knew I could create something so perfect?!  It's astonishing.

~Blueberry pancakes, white nectarines in the summer, tacos, sushi, white wine and chocolate.   All not at the same time please.

~ Music, I love it... can't get enough. Love the vibe in my bones and the chills that I get in my arms when I hear a song I love, turn it up yo!

~Art and beauty, anything that visually stimulates. Flowers, beautiful people (I love to people watch...mostly because I'm a nosy beotch but for other reasons also), and nature.

~The rain. The Garbage song 'I'm only happy when it rains' seriously applies in my case. I'm a big fan of cool, rainy, foggy weather. Apart from my hair being unmanageable and not being able to wear heels in the rain... it's pretty well perfect for me. Gotta love a roaring fire in the fire place and the sounds of drops on the ground, and the smell on the wet pavement... that's the best! I should move to Seattle. 

~Quite possibly may be one of the most phenomenal thing in life, a good pedicure. And by that I mean GOOD, cause it can go wrong very quickly! If the person is in a rush, if they don't have good technique, a good pedicure is like good sex... really satisfying, if not it just sucks; there really isn't an 'in between'. There's this cozy nail shop up the street from me and it's a gem! They scrub the hell out of the bottom of your feet and massage for quite a while, never long enough...because there's no such thing, but quite a while. And each moment is deliriously good!!

~Having my fridge fully stocked full of fresh produce, fruits and veggies,  farmers market style. Makes me feel semi healthy and good to be alive.

~When the house has just been cleaned, and I've taken a nice warm bubble bath, I put my feet up and relish in the days accomplishments I've made... even if they seem small, I'm still chipping away at the ole 'To do list.' 

~Shopping trips where I can blow a large wad o' cash, which is very rare. The smell of suede boots, and leather purses. The feel of silk blouses and sharp jeans, bangles and chandelier earrings.   Is there anything better?  Does this make me a shallow chick?  Maybe, or maybe I just have great appreciation for things that make me feel good. Okay moving on so I don't become depressed..

~ Laying next to Adam on fresh sheets straight out of the dryer after a bleach and downy wash, and the smell of his deodorant. No joke! Have to snuggle into his pits to get a good whiff! Sounds totally gross... but the man has zero body odor, pisses me off a tad!

~Classic movies, the ones that I can obnoxiously sing along to LOUDLY!! Hubby rolls his eyes, Caleb loves it!  I've turned my son into a toddler that knows all the tunes to the Wizard of Oz & My fair lady.  I'm so proud.

~Lazy beach bum days, I used to have these on a regular basis........
Stopping off for shrimp tacos and cadillac margaritas (on the rocks), slathering up in sunscreen, opening up the moonroof and the windows and letting the sea breeze smack me in the face.  Lying, bit ass up in the air on a towel, .knowing that no matter how much sunscreen I apply I still come home slightly pink.
Watching Caleb try to eat sand, and Adam try to stop him while I pour into a really juicy tabloid.

1 comment:

  1. We are soooo alike! Would you believe I've never had sushi? All I can find around here are california rolls. A pedicure and shopping sushi followed dancing and wine with you? ummm NOW!

    ~Tanya xxx

    ReplyDelete